About how to make Radiator Tank Molds
Over 20 years, HS have been proudly supporting OEMs & Tier I & II suppliers in automotive sector with turnkey tooling manufacturing and engineering solutions that they can depend on .With experience of delivering over 100 high performance tank tooling for motorcycle, automotive cars and other vehicles, HS becomes one of the leading injection tooling manufacturers for radiator assembly plants and OEM production facilities in and out of China.
For long-shaped automotive radiator tank, it is difficult to control warp and deformation only by the conventional method of optimizing injection process as the deformation of the plastic tank are caused by many factors such as uneven cooling, uneven shrinkage, uneven orientation, and corner effects. Therefore, usually adopt Pre-deformation compensation technology to preset amount of deformation and offset or reduce deformation of product after mold is released. HS engineering team consider below fives crucial steps as the keyps that leads to the success of your tank project.
- UseMoldflow to calculate the deformation of radiator tank and decide optimal gate location& cooling
2.Design Initial mold following the deform rate obtaining from the mold flow analysis and our rich experience accumulated from manufacturing of hundreds of automotive radiator tank molds for OEMS and Tier1 and Tier2 suppliers.
- After the completion of proto-molds, calculatethe shrinkage factor of the moldaccording to the dimension of the tank samples
- Calculating the pre-deformation dimension according to thenominal dimension of the tankand the shrinkage factor of the tank mold
- Fix the initial molds with the pre-deformation rate until the tank is flat and perfect.
- Design and use the rightgauge to hold the tanks in right position.
This pre-deformation compensation technology is ideal for complex structural parts such as water chambers or water radiator tank to control warpage and meet molding quality requirements of your plastic product