- Material is Nylon+35%GF.
- The mechanism of the plastic injection tooling is quite complex with 11 lifters on cavity and 4 lifters on the core.
- Firstly, as know, the part bottom needs to be quite flat without any warp,otherwise the oil may leak.
- Secondly, there are 16 locating holes around the parts, and each of them contracts towards different direction irregularly and the position of the holes move during the molding process. In this case, we have to make all holes as inserts and note down the molding parameter. After trial, we measure the actual position and make new inserts. This process has to be repeated until the holes fit with the assembly metal parts.
- The big hole on the middle is the most complicate part. It features with double oblique holes. One angle slide drives 4 lifters.
- The mold size is 650x880x900mm with the weight of 4000KG.
This is the plastic housing for driving system of automotive. It is usually made of aluminium, but automotive companies are now using plastic as replacement to save cost and energy.