Soft tooling, or prototype mold is preferred when we need injection molded parts quickly or at a lower cost. It is also great choice for low volumes. We can use soft steel such as NAK80 or aluminum to build the soft mold in house. Once
the mold has been completed, we can make your parts in-house using our ton injection molding machine ranging from 50Ton to 650Ton. The soft tooling is featured as below.The tooling inserts are made using 718 HH or Nak 80, (preharden 33 to 38 HRC).
- Inserts can be drilled, milledand grindedusing normal process of machining.
- The tool life is guarantee up to 500 K shotwhile aluminium mold up to 10K shots.
- The lead time is shorter compare to hard tool.
- For Proto Tool or toolingwith low volume requirement.
- The tool’s inserts are made using 8407 or Stavax (harden 46 to 54 HRC).
- Inserts can be drilled& milled, but after hardening special process will be required.
- The tool life is guarantee up to 1 million shot.
- The lead time is longer compare to soft tool due to the heat treatment process and extra
- For tool requiring high precision and High Volume
- For tool using PC with glass or fibre filled resin