1.Glass fiber reinforced plastic is a high-temperature resistant material, therefore, the heat-resistant temperature of reinforced plastics is much higher than that non-reinforced polymers, especially nylon plastics. FRP is a durable material which can last years in extreme hot weathers and temperatures with minimal wear.
- With theaddition of glass fiber,the reinforced plastic restricts the plastic movement between the polymer chains of the plastic, so the shrinkage rate of the reinforced plastic decreases a lot.Therefore,FRP materials also allow for the production of aesthetically pleasing products. It experiences almost no shrinkage coming out of the mold, meaning that results will be highly consistent across an entire production run.
- Molded Fiber Glass Plastic Products boast tight tolerances – approximately 1/100 (0.01) inch on the tool side an 3/100 (0.03) inch on the non tool side. A precise and uniform thickness and tolerance can be obtained by carefully controlling the fiber ratio across all surfaces and areas of the part.
- Glass fiber is a high-strength materialand the overall strength such as tensile strength, compression strength, bending strength of reinforced plastic could be improved as well .Fiber reinforced plastics possess an excellent resistance to any number of factors including impact, deformation, and chemical corrosion
- With the fillier of glass fiber and other additives, the combustion performance of the reinforced plastic is much reduced. Most of the materials cannot be ignitedas it is a flame retardant material. Therefore,majority of Fiber Glass Plastic products are waterproof, non-porous, non-sparking and feature extremely low thermal conductivity.
- The toughness of all reinforced plastics decreases while brittleness increases . With the filler of glass fiber, the melt viscosity of the reinforced materials increases and the fluidity becomes worse.
- Duringthe injection molding process, glass fiber can be attached to the surface of plastic products,which makes the product look very rough and dull. In order to obtain high surface quality, it is best to use mold thermostat to heat the plastic injection mold during the molding process. In this way, plastic polymer can enter the surface of the product to improve cosmetic look a little bit, though the appearance is incomparable with that non-reinforced polymers.